Thursday, September 06, 2007

a blog about hair.

hair. we all have it; some of us *used to* have it but in any case, most of us know what it feels like to have a great coiffe of hair on your head. a bit over a month ago, after the dude butchered my hair (as mentioned on my july 26, 2007 blog), i had a glimpse of what samson must have felt like after delilah cut it all off - mind you, i may not have lost my super-strength, but a huge part of me had fallen with the chunks of hair that fell to the floor on that sad, sad day in july; and to be honest, i didn't feel quite the same after that... and even after a month of getting that haircut, i still winced at the sight of my uneven ponytail that clearly showed that one side was much longer than the other... yikes.

today, i decided to muster up all my inner strength and what was left of my self-esteem and decided to go back where it all started; except, with a new hairdresser. she was lovely, and took amazing care of me, to the point where she even fought to give me the cut for free because of the travesty that previously was my hair - now if that ain't customer service, i dunno what is :oP. and now, everything is layered the way it should be, the bangs fall the way they're supposed to, and by golly, she thankfully used a LIP BRUSH instead of an EYE SHADOW brush when touching-up my lip gloss.

today is a new day, indeed. and for those of you reading this, amused by my need to blog about a simple haircut gone bad and think i'm either absolutely bored with myself, or have gone cuckoo for cocoapuffs; that *may* be so, but i invite you to step into my shoes during what had happened just this past month, and *then* tell me how actually absurd i am :oP

notes to self: (1) it actually *is* okay to complain when the occasion arises - no matter HOW attractive any hairdresser can be. after all, at the end of the day, they're still going to be attractive while YOU'RE the one who has to deal with the bum haircut. (2) sometimes, you just gotta sit back and realize how truly amusing and blessed life can be :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home