Thursday, July 26, 2007

the consequences of getting a haircut and make-up done by a cute guy with a british accent...

in need of a slight pick-me-up, i wanted to get a haircut that was considerably shorter than my now-then long locks; something that would be fun and appropriate for the remainder of the summer. the guy who cut my hair was new; relatively good looking, reminding me of a european soccer player - the fellow seemed well put together; he even had one of the nicest british accents i've ever had the pleasure of encountering. and so, i thought that he showed great potential; enough to trust my hair in his hands. however, after a 2-hour chopping session, i left the salon feeling similar to how i felt the day before grade 8 photo-day (which was NOT at all glamorous back then, for those of you wondering). when the poor bloke asked me if i liked what he had done to my hair, i actually didn't have the heart to tell him that i was a bit disappointed, simply because aside from the fact he was ridiculously attractive, he seemed to be having just as bad of a morning as i was and his instructor was already giving him a hard time about cutting my hair "one side longer than the other" and how it wasn't a "creative cut" :o(

poor guy. what probably made it worse for him was that he was then instructed to do my make-up touch-up - which he admitted was actually the first time he'd ever applied make-up in his life. i probably should have suggested that blush is only really supposed to go on the apples of the cheeks... i probably should have *also* told him that he was using an eye-shadow brush to apply gloss on my lips.

*sigh* well, can't really blame the guy for trying. besides, if hairstyling doesn't work out for him, he *could* have a potential career in soccer waiting for him in the future :oP

3 Comments:

Blogger Rohit said...

My advice to you would probably be to let him know the truth next time. As a ridiculously good-looking guy myself, it's tough for me to get feedback at work when ladies keep agreeing with me or fainting at my mere presence. That sort of thing happens far too often.

July 26, 2007 7:17 PM  
Blogger mamastella said...

*sigh* rohit, where were you when i needed to hear that advice?

and you better be careful with all those girls over there rohit - all it takes is one too many monkey raves... and then BAM!

so rave safe, my friend. rave safe :oP

July 27, 2007 1:18 AM  
Blogger i.don't.wear.skinny.jeans said...

life can be so difficult for beautiful people ... :)

July 30, 2007 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home