Tuesday, July 19, 2005

and so the countdown begins...

it's been a tad chaotic since sunday night... unpacking from camp, doing hoards of laundry, last-minute shopping for the bare necessities, tying up loose ends before i leave, more packing, taping up boxes, realizing that we've gone over 30 kilos to which then another unpacking session was called for, figuring out wedding stuff; and omigoodness, it's only tuesday - and my living room has somehow transformed itself into a warehouse of boxes. to walk through the living room is an obstacle on its own, but the climbing and squeezing around has been rather good for my agility :oP

and on a very productive note, it seems as if my english major skills have once again resurfaced long enough for me to finish two speeches in one night, including my maid of honour speech for my cousin's wedding reception - and for someone who doesn't know anything about the bride except for her name (of which i'm sad to admit that even the spelling of it appears rather hazy in my head at the moment), the finished product came out to be a a pretty polished, sentimental and well-thought out piece of work, if i do say so myself :o) i figure as long as i sound eloquent and fabulous enough, i'll get by. after all, it's all about the delivery, right? a few tears, a few winks, a few batting of the lashes, a few colloquial giggles, and i'm all set ;oP

man, the reality of it hasn't fully hit me yet, but as the day grows closer and closer, the more i'm getting excited to go. it's been a whopping 9 years since i've visited the philippines, and people have been warning me of the changes - one of them, i'm rather disappointed to say is that the farm that used to be across the street from my mom's house where i used to chase cows around when i was little was replaced not too long ago by rows and rows of university residences. poops. i was looking forward to chasing cows again, but perhaps it just wasn't in the cards for me this time around. :oP

4 sleeps left till saturday... should be interesting :o) now that the speeches are out of the way, my next challenge is to figure out a well-organized and non-violent way of attempting to fit my entire universe into one suitcase :oD

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandy Lam said...

I'm gonna miss you stella-pooh! Hope you have a great time and a safe trip. We'll get together when you get back!

July 21, 2005 9:28 AM  
Blogger mamastella said...

hey b! yeah, looks like i won't be seeing you and the abster for a month :o( i saw your pictures though on yahoo - they were perdy... not really sure about the captions, but i was quite grooving on the artistic shots! :oP

and mmm... can't wait for the.. um. smell. thanks for the heads up :oP

July 23, 2005 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home