Friday, June 23, 2006

kids, today's word is "ambiguous"

oy. i think i'm losing my "english" touch.

i've been trying to figure out this word that's been bugging me for the past couple of days now, and for the life of me, i couldn't remember it. and lately, with my mind being temporarily set on "brain-fart", i've been a little more "out of sorts" than normal.

the description i've been giving my fellow "english-oriented" friends was as follows:

"it's a word that starts with an 'a'... and it means something along the lines of 'going one way or another' ... (followed by an unsure pause) ... if it doesn't start with an 'a', it definitely starts with a vowel."

and finally, after a myriad of word choices from "equivocal" to "inconclusive"; and almost drawing to the point of believing that perhaps i may have conjured this word on my own, cristina was finally able to ease my troubled mind by hitting the jackpot with... "AMBIGUOUS" -- doh. 2 days later and one too many msn conversations later... yeesh.

but after all's been said and done, at least i managed to make cristina's day that much more... "amusing".

*sigh*

i find it rather funny how people - particularly english majors - have this wonderfully stubborn trait of refusing to be stumped by a word, and that they'll practically go to the ends of the earth to figure it all out before accepting defeat :oP

hmm... perhaps i should consider getting better better acquainted with my dictionary before school starts again in august. :oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home